Search This Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Means Janetti part 3

Here is the final Janetti recipe.  This one is noted "my favorite".  It's essentially the same recipe as the one noted in part 2 - the only difference I can see is that the amount of anise flavoring is now "to taste" and this one is spelled "Ganetti".  So without further ado...

Ganetti (my favorite)

3 1/2 C Flour
1 TBLS Baking Powder
1 1/4 C Powdered Sugar
1/3 C Shortening
Anise Flavoring to taste
Dash of Salt
4 Eggs

Cream shortening and sugar - add eggs one at a time [add anise flavoring] .  Beat until fluffy.  Add  dry ingredients.  Knead dough until smooth.  Refrigerate for 1 hr.  Form into doughnut shapes.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8010 minutes.  Don't brown - they should be white.  Also, grease pan.  Frost with butter icing.  I usually put a little anise flavoring in mine.

If you've never made Ganetti before, I hope you enjoy trying out these recipes.  If you are already a Ganetti baker, I hope you enjoy comparing these recipes to your favorite. 

Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!