Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Italian Cabbage Casserole

There are no notes of source on the recipe card for this one, but I'm certain it's not one of Grandma's own since there are notes as to how she preferred to make it.  As usual, I'll enter it just as written on the recipe card.  I seem to remember my mom being a fan of this dish.  Grandma says "Delicious!!"

Italian Cabbage Casserole

1 med Cabbage                     
1 lb Ground Beef (or less)
1/4 C rice ("I use 1/2")         
1 C chopped Onion
1 pk. spaghetti sauce mix} ("I use my own")
1 - 8 oz. spaghetti sauce}
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp oregano

Cut cabbage into 2" wedges.  Place in oiled casserole.  Sprinkle ground beef & rice over cabbage - cover with onion.  Mix salt, oregano & tomato sauce together.  Pour over cabbage.  Cover & bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until done.  Serves 4-6.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!