Search This Blog

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Rhubarb Freezer Jam

Want to try something new with all that Rhubarb from your garden?  How about Rhubarb Freezer Jam? 

There are no notes of Grandma's source on this recipe - but like a lot of the recipes I found in her collection, there are 3 copies, all identical (and all marked V.G.).  I don't recall ever trying Rhubarb jam, but it sounds good.  My mom used to make a rhubarb sauce to spoon over pancakes, waffles or french toast and I always really enjoyed it, so I thought this jam would be good too.  With the late summer we had, there's still time for putting up jams and things, so it seems timely.  I hope you enjoy it.

Rhubarb Freezer Jam

5 Cups cut up rhubarb
3 Cups sugar
1 - 3 oz. pkg. strawberry Jello

Mix rhubarb & sugar & put in saucepan over low heat - stir until sugar is dissolved.  Bring mix to a boil - cook 10 minutes.  Remove from heat & stir in Jello.  Continue stirring until well mixed.  Skim & pour in glasses. When cool put in freezer.

Do you have a family jam recipe you'd like me to include on our recipe blog?  Please feel free to post your recipes as comments!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!