Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ciao Carbone famiglia!

My name is Chris Johnson.  I am the daughter of Gary & Suzanne Carbone, granddaughter of Albert & Josephine Carbone.  After Grandma & Grandpa passed away, Gary & Suzanne took home a large file box full of recipes & cookbooks Josephine (Jo) had accumulated over the years.  Several years ago, Mom & Dad stayed with my husband, Steven, & I while their new house was being built and set up and they brought the carton with them to our home, where it currently resides.

I have been wanting to share the recipes contained in that carton for some time now - eventually I hope to compile them into a family cookbook for all to enjoy.  After my niece, Jennifer Nerio (granddaughter of Gary & Suzanne) and her partner, Butch, set up our wonderful Carbone Family website, I came up with the idea to start a blog of Jo's recipe files.  Jennifer & Butch were kind enough to set it up on the family website so you could all enjoy it.  

I hope family members will share their recipes here as well along with results & comments on the recipes posted.  I'll start with posting one recipe a week and we'll see how it goes.  

Fina alla prossima volta, felice cucinare!  (Until next time, happy cooking!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!