Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Zucchini Rice Casserole

I thought it might be nice to post something that isn't a dessert, isn't sweet and could actually be served for dinner.  I probably should save it for summer, since it's a zucchini recipe, but casseroles are so warm and comforting I wouldn't want to deprive you of the opportunity to enjoy it this winter.  I must admit here that I have not personally made this, nor have I ever eaten it, but if Grandma says it's V.G. then it must be Very Good!  If you try it, please share your results (feel free to provide photos too!).

Zucchini Rice Casserole

1 Cup cooked rice
1 large zucchini (2 lbs) peeled, cut in small pieces.  Cook in water until tender.  Save the water - it all goes into the casserole. 
1 onion, chopped and sauteed in 1 cube margerine or butter
8 oz cream cheese - melt into the above hot mixture
2 eggs - slightly beaten
1 bouillon cube (chicken) in 1/4 c water
1/4 C Parmesan Cheese
Salt & Pepper to taste (not much)
Mix all ingredients together - top with buttered bread crumbs. 
Bake at 350 degrees 1/2 hour.

Josephine Carbone - Aug. 1983

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!