Search This Blog

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Italian Zucchini Casserole (Tiella)

I suppose since it's still winter and fresh zucchini from the garden is still several months away, it's a bit premature to post this recipe - but I thought it was time to post another casserole and these days you can purchase zucchini pretty much year-round at the local grocery store.  Grandma notated this one "V.G." as is the case with pretty much all of the recipes I have posted to date.  This sounds pretty tasty and I'm sure we'll get around to trying it at our house eventually. 

Italian Zucchini Casserole (Tiella)

First, make a layer of sliced zucchini in the bottom of a casserole, then sliced potatoes & hamburger.  Salt & pepper.  Then sprinkle over all, a mixture of diced bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, garlic & oregano.  Add tomato sauce over all alternate layers.  Bake at 350 degrees until done.

Chris' notes:  This recipe is pretty vague on instructions but it certainly sounds good.  Clearly there are going to be multiple layers, so alternate zucchini, potatoes, hamburger, then season and add bread crumb mixture & tomato sauce.  Repeat.  Aunt Linda Carbone uses a similar method in her zucchini casserole - which I'm sure will get posted at some point too.  You should end up with something along the lines of lasagna but without noodles. Also, I'm pretty sure you'll want to use browned hamburger.  Sausage would be yummy too!

I hope you try it - and like it!  Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you!